Friday, May 8, 2015

Final Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1r_DB3J5dc


Final project: For my final project, I created a video of myself in 3 different locations. First was on the steps of the knowledge center, my apartment and lastly by the river. For the project I wanted to depict the feeling of someone who is about to graduate. In the video, I was smoking by the steps and by the river. And I was throwing old stuff away. This video was inspired by the movie, "Reality Bites." In the movie, they create a documentary of their life after graduation. This final project was my version except I was documenting myself a week before graduation. The meaning of the video is saying goodbye to Reno. The river was my favorite place in Reno. The steps of the school was my ode to saying goodbye to UNR. I personally like to donate old stuff, and I was depicting a real part of myself. Donating old things is one of the things I'm going to do before I move out. And smoking is the biggest part of the project because cigarettes signify my time in UNR and how it is about to end. Cigarettes was also the thing that helped me survive college in my opinion. The costume I wore was to encompass all of the messages I was trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment