Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Response

I enjoyed the reading of "A Brief History of Art" I found it interesting how in the 60s that people wanted to steer away from the conventional and wanted to make something out of their own to express their radical individualism instead of going with the norm. As I was reading this, I thought to myself that I would probably be one of those people who would want to break away from the norm to be able to express myself. Besides school and the law, I never really liked authority or the feeling of having somebody being superior to me and that is probably why I relate to the story.

I also liked reading about the history of video cameras and how people had to make do with its usage since it was expensive and scarce; people had to think of ways to use it for creativity to also break away from the norm which was television at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you don't have to like school as an authority either. Haha. But yes, the radical mind is often one of bliss and little burdens. In our day to day routine, it is always nice to commentate of things we would either change or do for the better. Out of the norm does not always have to be radical for radical sake. Sometimes the most abnormal things have the potential to change society.

    And yes, the history of video cameras almost mirror our current history in a way. Video art isn't something that is elite. It belongs to everyone!

    ReplyDelete