Monday, September 2, 2013

Scrapbook


Add caption
Statement: For my triptych project, I decided to call it Scrapbook because that is exactly what it feels like to me. The last time I touched Photo shop was in High School and so I feel like a beginner all over again and because of that, I decided to have fun with Photo shop by picking out things that I like and putting them together. So in this project you will find: my favorite symbols, the infinity symbol and a phoenix. I don't know why I like the infinity symbol, maybe because it symbolizes that some things that matter can last. I love the Phoenix because it symbolizes strength to me. I love anything that symbolizes strength to me and the two quotes resonate that. One, is my favorite Latin saying which means to be patient and tough, because someday it will be useful to you and the other, a quote by my favorite author, Paulo Coelho. I am also, although I hate to admit, a bit of a hopeless romantic, and that is what the Tiffany necklace, the picture of the navy guy and the nurse kissing are all about. I also love music that is why there is a tape there. And lastly, I like the feeling of nostalgia, and I would like to think I appreciate art, and that is why my favorite painting, Starry Night by Van Gogh is in this sort of collage, and lastly, Ive always like city scape's. They too give me a nostalgic feeling, and so I included the city scape of London. All three panels have the images all over the place. I thought the visual of that would look creative by doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment