Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Digital Nation Doc

I felt that the Digital Nation Documentation was a great and accurate depiction of how students in general and how the generation is today. After watching this documentary,  whenever I would sit in a classroom, I would look at how many people are on their phones. And what I observe is always the same thing - that almost everyone is on their phones, including myself. I think it is sad that we live in a world where we cannot thrive or function properly without technology. Although it has its great uses, it was not created to cripple us. Also, there was a part in the documentary where people were against the army recruitment center because it was centered on video games. I found that strange since it is a glimpse in my opinion, of what a potential candidate would be getting into. It enraged parents because of the fact that it was a video game which would in their opinion serve as a big propaganda to get a lot of candidates to sign up, which I do not think is necessarily the case. There are ups and downs to depending on technology, because frankly, it does make a life a lot easier. The one thing I take away however from watching this documentary is to not get crippled by technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment