Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Reading 3

I read Program and be Programmed which is a basic guideline of etuquette for the usage of technology. I certainly enjoyed reading it because nowadays, people do need etiquette when using technology. I myself am part of that ratio as well. Since in reality we live in a world where technology will most likely will be around us 24/7, I like that there is a book out there that has the 10 commandments of technology. My favorite commands rules were: is to live in person and dont steal.

It is so easy to be on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter on a regular basis even when people are infront of you, I again am guilty of this. But I try to be conscious and more interactive with people when they are around as opposed to multi tasking my interaction with people and being on Facebook. I still have to catch myself and stop myself from committing these technology blunders because it is an easy habit to fall into. The other thing I really liked was the rule about not stealing. Nowadays, it is so easy to steal people's work through the resources of google, etc. It is easy to pirate and steals people's work that it takes away the creativity and eradicates the originality of people's work. A good reminder about that is a great rule for all technological users.

No comments:

Post a Comment