Monday, October 20, 2014

Collage

Displaying photo.JPG
Displaying photo.JPG

Artist statement: The meaning behind my work is dedicated to our culture more specifically in a woman’s world. The images depicted are things I like and enjoy as a woman. The images contain: a Starbucks logo, Three friends chitchatting and enjoying each other’s company, beaches, water, Tiffany’s, an engagement ring, bikinis, being able to show skin. These are things that I personally enjoy doing or having or things that I enjoy being of avail to me. The sick twist is that as much as women like myself enjoy these perks, it is also of nothing to us. Whereas women, in other cultures, are deprived of the very same things that we enjoy but are not really thankful for. Marrying the wrong guy and baring too much skin can end up fatally, for other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment