Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Maria Lind


Luiza Benisano
Art 343
Maria Lind
I thought Maria Lind’s philosophy with installations was interesting. She said, “This reflects an interest in mediation and the necessity for art institutions today to find ways to link the “minor” and “major” strands of the art world, the side streams and the mainstream, in order to partake in the production of public space.” That inspired my work that I installed in the gallery. I did a collage that inspired the color red. I adhered to her goal in a way that I felt that the collage and the images I used were contemporary but the meaning of the collage goes way back mixing the contemporary with the old.
            I really find her work interesting. And her philosophy at that. With her writings, it inspired me to make a contemporary art. The way I installed my work was unconventional in a sense that it was on a side of the wall, but the fact that I did a collage made it a contemporary piece. Ultimately, I appreciate getting to see contemporary work in galleries. I used to always think that galleries only consisted of snotty, old classic works of art but now that may not be the case. It is people like Maria Lind that inspire me to do more contemporary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment